The Community Solutions Program (CSP) is an annual professional development program for people working to improve their communities by addressing energy and environmental issues, peace and conflict resolution, transparency and accountability, and women and gender. Community activists will be selected to participate in the process which includes:
Four-month partnership in the United States: Community Solutions partners are compared to hosting organizations across the U.S. where they complete a four-month, technical experience
Community Leadership Center: Community Solutions participants participate in the Community Leadership Institute, a leadership training program designed to strengthen their leadership and management skills. The center includes face-to-face training, online courses, professional training, and social networking
Community-based programs: While in the U.S. and with the help of their U.S. organization, Community Solutions people design and plan a community development program or project to do after returning home. When these people left the U.S., they started doing these jobs in their local communities:
The program covers the cost of most expenses associated with::
- Support J-1 visa
- The round-trip to the participant city has been to the U.S.
- A monthly allowance to cover housing, food, and other living expenses while in the U.S.
- Accident and illness insurance
To qualify for the Community Solutions Program, applicants must meet the requirements set out below. Applications that do not meet these eligibility requirements will not be accepted and will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
- He is between 25 and 38 years old from January 1, 2021
- You are a citizen of one of the eligible countries listed below
- You live and work in your own country
- People with refugee status who work for the local community can be given special attention
- He has at least two years’ experience working in community development, either full-time or part-time or volunteer
- You are currently not involved in any education, training, or research program in the U.S.
- You have a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English at the time of application
- Semifinalists will be required to take or submit the latest TOEFL or IELTS English language tests
- Available to visit U.S. Four months from August to December 2021
- You are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and you have never applied for permanent residence in the U.S. Three years ago
- You are eligible for a U.S. visa. J-1
- Applicants who participate in an exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Government must have fulfilled their requirement to stay at home for two years.
- You have pledged to return to your home country for at least two years after completing the program again
- You are not a current IREX employee or coordinator, or a close family member
Eligible countries by region:
- Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- East Asia and the Pacific: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, United States, Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
- Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey and Ukraine.
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and West Bank / Palestinian Territories.
- South Central Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
- Western Hemisphere: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and Uruguay